Red River County Historical Society

Home of The Northern Standard

Home of The Northern Standard

This 1936 Texas Centennial Marker marks the home of The Northern Standard. The building was purportedly the finest and most modern brick structure west of the Mississippi River at the time it was erected. The paper was published from 1842 until 1887 and was the first and most important newspaper in the region.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.