This building was the second jail for Red River County and was completed in March of 1889. The architect was Major S. B. Haggart and Mr. Sanguinett of Fort Worth. The jail cells and other iron work were contracted to the Pauley Jail Building and Manufacturing Company of St. Louis at a cost of $11,500.
The building is owned by the Red River County Historical Society and is used as a museum. Plans are being finalized to place permanent exhibits in the museum, which will tell the “Story of Red River County.”